FleetPhone is the first global maritime satellite voice service from Inmarsat. It delivers clear voice quality, circuit switched data and SMS messaging communications.
- Clear voice service (2.4 kbps).
- Voicemail: FleetPhone has a voicemail facility that allows messages to be left if calls cannot be taken
- Text-to-text, text-to-email, plus free web messages to a Fleet Phone service.
- Data capability: Send simple text emails with small attachments using the 2.4kbps circuit-switched data service.
- Multi-user capability: connections of up to 5 standard phones or integration to a PABX system.
- Reliable and lightweight terminals and antenna; easy to install.
- Global coverage on Inmarsat’s I4 network.
Robust satellite terminals and antenna
The FleetPhone service is available through two terminals:
- The Oceana 400 is a simple and cost-effective below deck unit which features a RJ11/POTS interface, enabling 5 standard phones or integration to a PABX system – an ideal solution for crew calling. It features GPS tracking and SMS possibilities
- The Oceana 800 is an all-in-one terminal, with integrated Bluetooth, LCD display for phonebook and SMS, an active privacy handset, and built-in speakerphone. It features an integrated GPS receiver providing tracking and instant messaging reporting via SMS