GTMail is a high-end maritime data communications solution providing a range of capabilities that include:
- Electronic data interchange (EDI)
- Vessel tracking
- Electronic notice of arrival/departure (eNOAD)
Benefits of using GTMail include:
- A system designed to provide optimal performance for all satellite connections, be they low bandwidth or broadband
- Efficient transfer of data using optimisation and compression technologies
- Full cost control
Company Office features includes:
- Web portal for Mailbox Management
- Configuration of filters to control messages downloaded to vessels
- View mailbox content, message transfer logs and communication reports
- Configure alerts and alarms
- Vessel tracking**
Vessel features include:
- Support of standard email clients via on board SMTP and POP3 server
- MAPI support for integration with Outlook
- SMTP relay for Exchange and Domino support
- All maritime communication systems are supported
- GTMail transfer protocol to provide full duplex message transmission, restart from point of interruption and rapid modem synchronisation
- Automatic optimisation and compression
- Configurable delivery, non-delivery, read and unread reports
- Electronic notive of arrival/departure (eNOAD) integration
- Electronic data interchange (EDI) for basic file transfer. GTMail is fully compatible with H20RAFT for advanced data handling
- Least cost routing
- Account codes
GTMail has a flexible filtering facility to restrict the sizes of messages sent to the ships or remote users. Anti-spam software also filters all messages to eliminate junk email and so reduce airtime. Anti-virus software on the GTMail hub filters ensures all email is virus free. For additional on-board security it is recommended that H2OSentinel anti-virus software is installed.
Reliability and Support
Customers can contact us at any time by telephone, fax or email and can monitor progress of any support issue via our web portal. The GTMail hub is located in secure data centers in the UK and is monitored 24 hours, 365 days a year.
GTMail is compatible with all Inmarsat, Iridium and Thuraya services connecting via TCP/IP, ISDN, PSTN, GSM and GPRS.
** GPS enabled satellite or suitable hardware required.