Pole Star’s Fleet Management service provides a robust, independent asset tracking and monitoring system which delivers accurate information to improve your fleet’s operational performance and support remote risk management.
Access to fleet information via a range of online tools, allowing authorised users to view and analyze data according to their business function and information needs. A series of unique Industry Zones, denoting known areas of risk and special regulatory requirements allows a proactive approach to voyage management.
- Monitor and manage a global fleet 24 x 7 using one system, with complete fleet data accessible in a single view
- Interactive browser-based map presents global position of your fleet
- Route vessel position reports to email and SMS for out-of-office updates
- Option to poll a vessel for a position report
- Customizable Geo-Zones denote user-defined areas or regions of interest
- Automatic increase of position reporting frequency in areas of high security risk or enhanced regulatory requirements provided by Industry Zones feature
- Complete vessel history — essential data for off-hire calculations
- Voyage Monitoring functionality supports schedule and ETA management
- Integrated global weather forecasting, including cyclone information
- 3D mapping applications for customized display
- Complete control of user access to improve data security
- Optional automatic link to USCG Amver reporting system
- Choice of hardware integrations
Hardware options to suit you
To track your vessel or fleet requires an Inmarsat-C transceiver such as the GMDSS terminal installed on most SOLAS-compliant vessels. For superior reliability, Pole Star recommends a dedicated transceiver such as Pole Star’s FM1 or FM3 hardware.
- Existing Hardware – Sat-C
Track your ships using the existing Inmarsat-C terminal installed on board (e.g. GMDSS equipment required on most SOLAS-compliant ships). Fleet Management supports a wide range of third-party Inmarsat-C equipment from Thrane & Thrane, JRC, Furuno and others. Capsat software version 2.21 or above is required.
- Polestar’s FM1 unit (Inmarsat D+)
Ideally suited to charterers, the plug-and-play FM1 transceiver is easy to install and provides the superior reliability expected of a dedicated transceiver. This stand-alone tracking unit is recommended for when existing onboard equipment is either incompatible with Fleet Management or falls below required performance standards.
- Polestar’s FM3 unit (Inmarsat D+)
A dedicated unit designed to track unpowered assets and assets with no suitable power supply. FM3 comprises an IsatM2M transceiver and integral power pack that guarantees 12 months operations under normal circumstances.